Additional structural inspections of lifting equipment, provided by the DM 11.04.2011, apply to equipment in service for over 20 years and consist of a series of in-depth investigations - aimed at detecting faults, defects or anomalies - and in the calculation of residual life cycles.
The equipment for further investigations consists in:
- boom trucks, tower crane, jib cranes, gantry crane
- telescopic handlers
- elevating aerial platforms
- mobile scaffolding
- self-propelled telescopic boom fixed and swivel
- aerial ladders with variable inclination
- motorized scaffolding suspended
- self raising column
- freight elevators, construction
- fruit harvesters agricultural machinery
- mobile lifting equipment
- transferable lifting equipment
- fixed appliances lifting
According to standard ISO 9927-1, additional checks and structural verification include:
- the preliminary assessment of the class of machines;
- how to use the machine during the life cycle;
- visual examination;
- instrumental testing and non-destructive testing (NDT) ;
- final report on the inspection and investigation (signed by crane inspector), accompanied by the certificate of inspection based on magnetic particles, performed by a certified operator UNI EN 473/ISO 9712, which will describe any deficiencies and the remaining life of the equipment.
Sateco srl works with qualified staff CICPnD II and III level, according to ISO 9712 .
For more information please download the attached document.